Copyright 2016 - Jane Surr Burton

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

O Wad Some Power the Giftie Not Gie Us



Generally I like being the age I am.  I haven’t yet felt the aches and pains of extreme old age and I hope when I do I just ignore them.  I feel more confident and competent than I have ever felt before.

This weekend we had a family party.  My brother had an I-pad with him to take pictures of the crowd.  The bad thing about this is that a) we saw no pictures of him from the picnic, and 2) we saw pictures of me from the picnic.

I go through life blissfully unaware of what the people in front of me see.  It’s the crepe-i-ness of age that creeps me out.  It doesn’t bother me at all in other people.  Most of my friends have a little crepe around them somewhere and they are still beautiful to me.  My own crepe distresses me so much because I see it so seldom.  Maybe I should wish for the giftie after all so that the crepe would lose it shock value.

No comments:

Post a Comment