Copyright 2016 - Jane Surr Burton

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Installing Windows



I've been installing low-e windows in the Hazel St. Apartment (8 of them when I'm finished). I'll be so happy when I finish the last two today or tomorrow. Am otherwise busy doing all the things to that apartment that I should have done 10 years ago?!  when I bought the house. I am tired. 

Barefoot, wearing Ox’s castoff shirt with the tear over the collarbone, purple shorts and buckets of sweat. I answered the door at Hazel Street. In came unexpected angel of mercy #2 with lemonade and iced tea – Ox! I answered the door again – unexpected angel of mercy #1 bearing chicken salad, fruit salad and cookies – my sister Polly!

Forget installing the window and painting the door, time for lunch! Ox got the little table from Cat’s balcony. We brought chairs inside to the dining room. The air from the bedroom air conditioner, pulled by the living room fan cooled us. I hid my black fingernails as I passed photos of Mike with grandchildren to Ox. Twenty minutes later Polly and Ox were gone; I chiseled out the inside window stop

No comments:

Post a Comment